The main responsibility of this position will be to oversee Smartwatt’s projects by setting, prioritizing, and validating the work generated by our team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of our platforms, having a permanent interest in improving our output. It is an important role for Smartwatt since the person will need to deliver products not just according to users, but also making Smartwatt’s vision a reality.
Our projects are mainly connected to the energy sector and their main challenge is the innovative side, which means that they were never done before and there is no established path to guide us. The output is usually a tailor-made browser-based platform designed according to the needs of the client, but this may vary to mobile apps or integration of the output on the client’s platform.
You will be expected to
- – Oversee several concurrent projects, working closely with the production department and the client to ensure that standards are met and the quality bar is kept high;
- – Gather feature requests, schedule releases and coordinates sprints;
- – Identify user needs;
- – Manage the product roadmap development;
- – Lead requirements gathering effort based on stakeholders input;
- – Consistently communicate with stakeholders and keep them informed of the status of requirements development;
- – Understand and balance commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities;
- – Understand the dependencies between technology components and how they combine to deliver solutions to the client and to the business;
- – Have a detailed understanding of the portfolio, project & feature delivery processes;
- – Ensures that all solutions meet Smartwatt’s requirements in terms of performance, security, compliance and social responsibility.
You must have
- – Strong industry experience in the energy sector, experience-driven projects preferably with at least some industry experience;
- – A Bachelors or Masters degree in a business or technology discipline;
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese & English);
- – Experience in defining business requirements;
- – Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- – Knowledge of techniques for requirements elicitation and specification;
- – Ability to relate to both business, design, and technical specialists;
- – Flawless attention to detail;
- – Strong relationship management skills;
- – Experience working with Agile methodologies.
Ideally, you’ll also
- – Experience in influencing working practice change across analysis and development department;
- – Have experience dividing your time between multiple concurrent projects;
- – Have experience building products or long term projects;
- – Be comfortable talking to project stakeholders and clients who may not have technical expertise;
- – Have some experience working with teams including remote workers, with ideas on how to get the best from teams like this;
- – Help clients understand business value.
We believe great work is made by great people collaborating in a great environment. If you are interested and your profile matches the one we are looking for, don’t miss this opportunity and apply below!