4OOBS is a QREN financed project that aims to investigates new solutions for an efficient building management and consumption mostly related to the HVAC system operation. The idea consists in combining dynamic simulation of the consumed building energy with real-time data and meteorological forecasting for the upcoming 7 days. This approach will allow managers to anticipate and optimize critical operation points and control measures in the upcoming hours and days ahead.
Forecast Optimal Operation of Buildings System – 4OOBS – is a project intended to perform the investigation and development of new optimization systems for the monitoring and operation of buildings, integrating energy behavior simulation information of a building (base-lines), with real time monitoring information of the buildings’ network and influence variables forecasting information for the next 7 days.
The main goal is to create a tool, with all the information centralized in a single place in order to give managers a more efficient management of building consumption, using the CAD – Computer Aided Design – model of the building. The tool will be modular so that it can adapt to the needs of each building. This is the only way to guarantee correct indicators that lead to cost minimization. The tool should also be able to:
– Follow the savings due to changes in the operation strategy;
– Simulate different building operation modes;
– Predict unexpected critical temperatures;
– Reduce costs, maintaining an acceptable security level with an acceptable temperature;
– Optimize operation and users’ comfort level.
ACQUISITION AND CENTRALIZATION OF THE INFORMATION
– Development of Communication Modules with the Proprietary Software;
– Development of External Data Integration Tools.
DYNAMIC SIMULATION OF THE BUILDING
– New Web CAD Techniques;
– Connection of Simulation Software with Building Measured Data;
– Scenario Generation according to Initial Conditions.
FORECASTING SERVICE FOR BUILDNGS
– Influence Variables Identification;
– Inteligent Adaptable Algorithms and models development.
NEW BUILDING MANAGEMENT, OPERATION, SIMULATION AND FORECASTING SYSTEM
– Web Technology based system;
– Support Decision Indicators;
– Scenarios Simulation.
This project is part of the Opening Warning 07/SI/2012 for Applications presentation – Sistemas de Incentivos à Investigação e Desenvolvimento Tecnológico (SI I&DT) of QREN (Quadro de Referência Estratégico Nacional), in the Programa Operacional Temático Fatores de Competitividade program scope.
This project is co-financed by FEDER through COMPETE – Programa Operacional Temático Fatores de Competitividade, with a non reimbursable total incentive of 241.028,20€, corresponding to an eligible total of de 321.370,97€.
The project has a duration of 18 months, starting on the 1st of January of 2014 and ending on the 30th June of 2015.